Saturday, March 15, 2014

Hola!! It's finally here!!

Provo Temple!
Today has been pretty crazy getting everything packed and ready to go, but we are all SO ready and excited to leave! The MTC is AWESOME but we are ready to get out and teach and inspire the people we have been called to serve in Mexico City!! There isn't a ton to say about this week! It went by so quick its hard to even remember what happened. Lots of learning and studying Spanish and the gospel like usual :) Devotional was great as always. Way good. Talked about how missionaries need to gain individual conversion through faith in Jesus Christ, learn to truly LOVE and invite everyone to come unto Christ.
Saying goodbye to Hermano Lebron. He's the coolest guy ever! He used to be like a legit cholo in Cleveland and then was converted and totally changed his life around, served a mission and married in the temple and now has a sweet baby girl. His story is was very inspiring! We will miss him!
My Hermanas!

Hermana Larsen, Nelson, Yost, Me, Jones, Walsh
Saying goodbye to Hermano Christofferson! He was an AWESOME teacher and our first pretend investigator.We learned so much from him. He'd joke saying we could ask him anything, anything in the world.. because he knows everything. And it's true! He always found some sort of answer to every question we had. He is way dedicated to studying the scriptures. It's pretty cool. Us Hermanas would always be so shocked. El sabe todo. No really. Sabe todo!  
Goodbye to Hermano Brown!! 
Thanks for the package! Just in time. Yesterday on the bus an Hermana said she recognized my last name from somewhere and I was way shocked cause nobody knows me here! It's way different than tri-town where there are Rhotens everywhere. She asked if I had a brother who recently got married in the LA temple! Apparently she was in the same ward as Rinamay in Cali! I was way excited! It's so fun to make little connections like that. Her name is Hermana Weeks and she is going to the same mission that Audrey Burton just got called to! I am SO excited for her!!! Congrats!! She said that it is just a few hours from Mexico City!! So cool. Excited to have another Spanish speaking friend. And congrats to Connor Kruetz too! Germany! Way cool. I love hearing about mission calls! Such a fun time to be a missionary!
My girls!
Last day at the temple!
Congrats Madi on making JV for softball!!! That's way legit! And your birthday is coming SO quick!!! 16. Dang. So old. Gonna be in Laurels with mom pretty soon. Sorry mom I don't have much more time otherwise I'd write more to help you out with your lesson but really quick... the first discussion we usually try to focus on making sure the investigator knows and feels the love and nature that our Heavenly Father has for us, understands the pattern of Prophets and how they were rejected... apostasy... so that they understand why there was need for a Restoration and then make sure they understand that the Book of Mormon is the evidence that Joseph Smith was a prophet and in order to know that they MUST read and pray about it with a sincere heart. Every lesson is different depending on the needs of the investigator though. And tell them to ask lots of thought provoking questions so its more of a discussion than a presentation. It took my comp and I a little time to figure out how to do that but lessons are WAY better when you ask lots of questions so that the investigator is pretty much teaching themselves. Sorry I don't have more time! That's really cool that you are doing that though!

Well I gotta get off but I love you all and am excited to talk to you on Monday! I will call in the morning before my flight to Atlanta. I know the Church is true and the Atonement is real. I am so happy I get to share the message of Christ for the next 17 months. I can't wait to see how much joy it brings into their lives as it has mine. Adios!



Con amor,

Hermana Rhoten 2

No comments:

Post a Comment