Monday, November 17, 2014

Hola familia y amigos! It's been another great week!

Excited to hear that Don and Tara had their baby!!! That is going to be so fun to have two cousins so close in age. Can't wait to see them. They will be 9 months when I get back! Can't believe I'm already half way through the mission! It goes by too fast. 

The mission is honestly the greatest. I'm loving every minute except for the minutes when we have to eat. My stomach wasn't made for Mexico but its alright. It's crazy how much the Lord helps us as missionaries. Almost all this week I've been feeling a little sick after the comida but yesterday really bad. We had a cita fall and were close to the house so we stopped by quick to use the bathroom. I laid down for a minute in lots of pain but didn't fell like resting either. My companion asked me what we do and I figured well I can lay here sick for the evening thinking about all the people I could be teaching and helping or we can go out and work and I'll probably still feel sick but knowing that I'm helping people come unto Christ makes it worth it. We had a lot of success that evening and I know that the Lord was blessing me a lot. It's like the promise in Doctrine and Covenants 24:12  "And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with a voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men." I can testify that this promise is true. Its like some sorta super power. The Lord really does bless us, lift us up and carry us at times in the mission. I've learned to recognize his hand more and more each day. 

Some good news this week is that we were able to find lots of families!!! My whole mission we are always praying and praying to find full families that we can teach and it's coming. Right in time for Christmas. Gonna be a white Christmas for sure. 

Selfies shopping in al centro!! Love these girls. Fun times!!!
Before I forget... next week we are going to work on Monday, have cambios on Tuesday and pday on Wednesday. So I'll be writing on Wednesday next week! Also I don't know if I can get pictures sent. I will try in a minute but my memory card is still struggling. I bought a new one today in Tipitu. We went to the biggest black market in Mexico today.... :) Then al centro and found the coolest stuff ever. It was a successful day for sure! Got all my Christmas shopping done and the Birthdays I had missed too... :) So stoked. And we found a frozen yogurt place too. Yep. Successful day.

Also before I forget.. Thanks a lot for the package mom. It was WAY good!!! Hermana Cecy makes the best cookies! They were still warm and fresh when she brought them. And I was super happy to have so many nuts and healthy snacks. They have them here and I could probably find them but a little out of the missionary budget. My companion and I were super grateful. 

This week was one of my converts from Bosques birthday and I got permission to call her and talk for a little bit. It's so cool to watch people change and grow. I feel like they are my children or something. But honestly there is no greater joy then seeing them faithful in the church. Also talked to Hector and Alejandra for a little bit and they're still down for coming to Utah to get sealed next August. SO excited for them. Love their family so much. Can't wait for you to meet them. 

Sometimes in the mission you feel so tired and so sick but every day and every effort is worth it. I love being a missionary and serving the Lord. Hope everything is well at home! Congrats on your deer Dad and Randa. Looks like a good kill. I do miss my elk and deer roast. and deer jerky. Good stuff. Love you all lots! 

Have a good week! Work hard and be faithful. 

Con mucho amor,


Hermana Rhoten

No comments:

Post a Comment