Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wow! So much has happened this past week and a half!

Tuesday we brought a big bag of clothes that had been left from so many Hermanas going home to our convert Rocio and her mom. They were soooo happy and had fun trying all their new outfits on in front of us. She always dressed immodestly but it was because she didn't have anything else. It was so cool to see them walk in this Sunday in the clothes we had given them. I gave them some of the skirts I had made that I haven't been using anymore and they were both just so happy. It was a fun experience.
Later that night we went to Kimberly's baptism!!! She is my age and I was teaching her when she lived with her boyfriend in my old area in Balbuena. She has now moved out to live with her mom again and is in the ward right next to mine so the Elders have been teaching her. She finally got baptized :) I got to speak and it was a really happy day.

Wednesday I found out I was going to train a new Hermana that was coming!! Finally. She's the first hermana that has come to the mission since I got here :) I was really excited because my last two companions have been going home. It will be nice to have a companion that will be here for a while still :)
Yesterday it rained all afternoon! We got pretty wet :) 
We took a really high up selfie of us on Thursday for my companions last day of work as a missionary! Her parents came to Mexico to pick her up and President gave them permission to come pick up her suitcases Thursday night after we got home. It was fun to meet them and take videos and pictures of their reunion. Her parents are really really sweet and brought me a ton of mints and chocolate cookies :)

Friday I had a training meeting and all the hermanas that were going home were at the church as well. It was sad to say goodbye because we have all been together for so long. Afterward I went with Hermana Jones to my old area in Bosques!!!! It was so fun to visit. Also really awesome to be with Hermana Jones! She was my comp in the MTC but I haven't seen her all that much since. They had a ward family night and some old investigators I had taught came as well as many converts and less active members that have stayed active. It was so cool to see :)
Saturday we went back to my area in Moctezuma and had a really solid day as well. Lots of miracle lessons and a family that committed to be baptized after watching the Joseph Smith movie. We explained the Priesthood really clearly and asked them what the restoration means in their lives and the father answered saying "well I think I would like to get baptized." Awesome. :) We were able to take an investigator to a baptism in the stake later that evening who really enjoyed it and accepted a date as well.
With the Reyes family after an awesome lesson . 
Sunday was a crazy day and also full of lots of miracles. There were significantly more investigators at church. Many more than we have had the last several weeks. The talks were all incredible and I felt the Spirit so strongly in sacrament meeting. Hermana Campbell was there with her parents and we took lots of pictures : )
With Hermana Campbell and Hermana Jones!
After my ward we went to Hermana Jones's area in Bosques for their services. I recent convert Christian Vargas who went to lessons with us when I was there finally received his mission call and invited us to see him open it. His little sister had been baptized when I was in his ward as well. It was amazing to see how much the ward has grown and made me so happy to see several familiar faces of members who are still strong.
With Hermana Torres in Bosques :)
And Hermano Torres.
With Pamela in Bosques!
With Hermana Vilchis!
And Bishop Ramirez!
Hermana Shulamit and Nicole!
With Claudia :) Her and her dad got baptized when I was there.
Gaby Diaz and Paco! So so so happy to see them. They were both at church. Both. Gaby activated while I was in the ward and Paco listened but didn't really want to commit to anything... and never wanted to wake up for church. But they've now gotten married... he stopped smoking and drinking and is getting baptized this Sunday!! They have a goal to get sealed in a year as well :) Gaby also wants go do the temple work for her mother who passed away last year and was never endowed. So cool. Hoping we can go to their baptism :)
Gaby's brother Ivan! Love this family.
We ate with Hector and Alejandra and skyped at their house as well! Love that family so much! They have a goal right now to go to Utah in December to be sealed and we are hoping and praying they do :) Would be so cool to see them there!! 

Monday we had to clean and pack up the house in Bosques, district meeting, Christian opening his mission call, my convert Jessica's birthday and then met up in Aragon at 1:30 to pick up my new companion. It was a busy morning!!
Christian's going to Saltillo, Mexico and leaving June 9th!!! So cool :) Happy for their family!
Hermana Heywood is from Gilbert Arizona and is absolutely adorable! She is turned 19 in December and went to BYU Idaho for a semester in the fall. We have already seen lots of miracles together and even those the language is hard and new she just keeps smiling through :) I am really excited to be working with her and to have a constant companion for a few months :) I already have 3 transfers here but President said I can stay another two to train which made me really happy because I really love this ward :)
My daughter and I :) She's the best.
I think that's about it for now. Busy week with lots of changes and lots of pictures :) Hermana Jones has even more on her camera I will have to get to you later. Love you lots! It was so fun to skype this last week. Everyone looks great :) I didn't have time to feel trunky or think about home and family much after skyping which is probably a good thing but I do remember thinking how much I love my mom and how grateful I am for all that she's done for me in my life. I realized it so much more being here how blessed I was to have a mother who was always there for me and always available when I needed her growing up. I love you all so much! Have a good week! Talk to you soon :)

Con amor, 

Hermana Rhoten


 

No comments:

Post a Comment