Monday, May 4, 2015

Hola! We had a really awesome week!

Before I forget next week I won't have pday until Wednesday for cambios. This transfer has gone by so quickly with so many changes in the area, ward and companions. I should be staying another transfer though. I really really hope so because we found a ton of golden new investigators this week. And we have some less active member families that have been progressing too. The ward seems to know us and trust us a lot because we both have about 4 months here in the ward so they are helping a ton with lessons and keeping converts strong.
Puppies!
This week is going to be a little crazy because my companion leaves Friday morning and I had a change of plans from what they had told me last week and I'm going to be with Hermana Jones this weekend working in Moctezuma and Bosques!!! Yep that's right. I'm SO excited because we were companions in the MTC and I haven't been able to serve near her since. Also Bosques is my first area that I was in for 6 months and I'm way excited to go back and see everyone. And we are going to skype with Hector and Alejandra's family on Sunday!! Love them so much. But it will be crazy covering both areas because they aren't super close and we will have to take the subway back and forth everyday or have members drive us around. I'm really really excited though! Its gonna be a fun weekend. Then I will get a new companion on Tuesday.
With Jared. He is good about helping us in citas!
The work here is progressing well. We saw so many miracles this week it was incredible. We are both bummed about Hermana Campbell going home and not being able to keep working with all the new investigators we found this past week. I felt like the Lord was guiding us so distinctly this week and we were led to people who are ready to accept this message. Last night we went to the Visitor's Center with a group of 10 people :) 1 recent convert with his mom whose investigating, a family of 4 who are investigating, a menos active couple who brought their neighbor who was really interested too and an active member. It was so fun to go with a big group.
Cutest family ever.
We watched Meet the Mormons... again... :) I think I've seen it 5 times now..? Something like that. It's just such a great missionary opportunity and everyone who came absolutely loved it. Little 7 year old Alejandro enjoyed it so much, he was talking to everyone about how much he loved it and how he wants to get baptized in October when he turns 8. We had been looking through our area book and praying about old investigators who we could go look for to start teaching again. We both felt really good about this family who had been going to church a year ago but stopped progressing. It's the couple and their son Alejandro. We called and put a cita for Saturday and they committed to go the the CV Sunday. Now their 14 year old niece Valeria is living with them and last night she explained to us that she had a strong desire to be baptized into a church but didn't know which one. It was so cool! She is a little Joseph Smith that is so prepared to accept the gospel.
We found Leslie from Balbuena at the CV too. Always fun to see who you run into there.
Also I ran into Matthew Hazel in the Visitor's Center! We only had about a minute to talk but we took a picture quick. Looks like he is doing well! Said it was the first time he had come to the CV because its about three hours from his area. I don't think I can count the number of times I've gone now. It was cool to see a familiar face though!
Some other little miracles... 
A convert who got baptized about a year ago and then later fell back into addiction with drugs and alcohol was able to go to church again! We had been visiting him in a rehab center that he was living in and he was working so hard to get over his addiction and get out. It made me so happy to see him there. He looked so happy. Proof that through the Atonement of Christ anything is possible.
It was Dulce Marias birthday :) We brought her a small gift. Shes 7 now and excited to be baptized next year!! Love them.
Zone class!
The cockroach my companion found. It was big and aggressive. The bug spray wouldn't kill it! It took us a good 20 minutes to figure out how to take care of him. The neighbors said they heard us screaming haha
Cute little Eliza. She lives above us :)
Also we got a reference to the cutest little girls ever. Alison is 10 and Ingrid is 15 but they are both very mature. Their cousin is a member of the church and sent their reference. They wanted a picture because my companion said she was leaving. We were so excited about them as well. They said they had been out all day yesterday with their dad and step mom but hurried home for the cita we had at 5 and had some cookies ready when we showed up. I love finding youth and children looking for guidance and willing to accept the gospel. It's so much better for them to have the gospel in their life young to prevent future heartache and regrets.

There's so much more I could write about but that's enough for now. Good thing we get to skype this week :) I'm looking forward to talking to you all. Have a good week! Nos vemos el domingo. The church is true. 

Con amor, 

Hermana Rhoten



















No comments:

Post a Comment