Wednesday, June 24, 2015

It was a long week this week!

So much happened. First off.. we don't have cambios!!!!! Yes. I was so relieved. I didn't think we would but I was a little nervous since I already have 4 transfers here but no :) Gonna be able to finish my mission in Moctezuma with Hermana Heywood!! Super excited because we have a lot of investigators right now and we also get along super well. For sure one of my favorite comps. 
Breakfast to celebrate that we didn't have cambios! I really miss cooking.
To be honest we had a really rough week. Lots of our investigators are being attacked with lots of opposition. But lets start with the good things...

I convinced some people last week that in the U.S. we celebrate half birthdays and that they should make me cake for my half birthday and it totally worked! We've got pictures to prove it too! One of our converts bought us cake and the family we live with some brownies :) Made my day.
This is the one that is marrying a girl from my mission. Funny kid.
Our baptism dates for July are all progressing very very well and we are love teaching them. One of them is our recent convert Alisson's step sister, Gaby. She is 14 and since Alisson's baptism has been very interested in the church. Monday we were teaching them outside to not wake up their baby brother and it started to sprinkle a little bit. They decided to put blankets up on the clothes lines to keep us covered. It was fun teaching in a little tent. We took some pictures :)
With Gaby and Alisson!
Well the sad news almost overcame the good news this week but not quite because the lessons we learned from it were worth every trial and tear. 

Nacho and Alma are waiting a little longer to get married because of a family problem they are facing. It's been a roller coaster but they are getting so close. They still want to get married and it could be in the next coming week. We will see. Just gonna keep having faith.
Jorge was so close to getting baptized. Their whole family went to church on Sunday and went with us to a baptism in another ward. Jorge had his interview afterwards and is ready just not sure if he wants to take the step or not. He believes in the doctrine and is living the commandments but just feels like he needs more time. His biggest thing is that he wants to get baptized with his wife but Ana doesn't want to. She likes going and listening but she likes her Christian church and doesn't want to get baptized still. Alejandro loves church and really wants to be baptized! He is sooo smart. But he won't be 8 until October and then he can :) We have been teaching and praying for this family so much and they are getting closer and closer. We just hope they keep progressing because we would hate to have to drop them. 
Angela already passed her interview and was very excited about her baptism but her mom changed her mind about giving her permission and decided she needed to wait longer. She is 14 and loves church and young women's and was so ready... but now is facing a lot of opposition from her extended family that lives with her and didn't make it to church last Sunday either :( Her little brother is losing his interest too. We love their family and are praying and fasting lots for them. We fasted as a zone that her mom would give her permission and her heart is yet to be softened but it will be soon :)

So those were our big trials of the last week and a half but we have also learned many many things. 

First off... I learned that we have to trust in the Lord and His plan. He knows what's best for His children. We can do all that we can do but in the end its the will of the Lord because we are doing His work. "His ways are higher than our ways and his thoughts higher than our thoughts." Isaiah 55:9 I am realizing that we must trust in Him. I felt at peace knowing we have done our part in being obedient and teaching by the Spirit. Now we must put the rest in the hands of the Lord and know that "all things will work together for good for those that walk uprightly and to the sanctification of the church" D&C 100:15
While sitting in sacrament meeting this past Sunday I couldn't help but feel a little bit disappointed in seeing how many still hadn't arrived in time to take the sacrament and would be missing out on that blessing or those who just weren't planning to come at all. I felt so worried for many but as I took of the sacrament I felt so strongly that everything would be okay. I truly felt how the Atonement can mend a broken heart and then began to ponder in the blessings of eternal life that our promised to the righteous...

"... the day shall come where you shall be crowned with much glory.." D&C 58:4
"... and ye shall have a fullness of joy.." 3 Nephi 28:10
In the many mansions of the Father's house that He is preparing for us...John 14:2

I know that as we trust in the Lord's plan and are obedient to each of His commandments we will find peace in this life and eternal life in the life that comes. I'm so grateful for my Savior and friend. I know His promises are sure. He pleas that we come unto Him. He tells us that we should look to Him in every thought, doubt not. Fear not. He is on our side :) 

I love being a missionary. As missionaries we agree to live a higher law for a time. To consecrate everything to the Lord for 2 years or 18 months. I have come to truly love living this higher law and hope to continue living a higher law the rest of my life. To constantly strive to consecrate myself to the Lord and follow His will whatever it may be.
Lastly some pictures from our feast today. We decided to break our fast right today and made some yummy grilled cheese turkey sandwiches and tomato soup. Hadn't had that in..... a really really long time.
My huge sandwich and tomato soup. I had to save half for later.
Then we made some tres leches cakes to share with the families we live with and some other investigators. I magically found an extra 500 pesos in my bag this week which means we had a little extra money than usual at the end of the month (Proof that God loves us and blesses us as we pay our fast offerings..:) I'll send pictures of the cakes next week though. Love you all and hope you have a great week! :) 

Con amor, 


Hermana Rhoten 


















No comments:

Post a Comment