Monday, July 20, 2015

Well it was a little bit of a trying week being sick

but today I am feeling much better and hoping it stays that way. I think this week was the most sick I've ever been on my mission or I've just forgotten the other times. That's the cool thing about the mission. There are so many good times and miracles that it makes you forget the trials.
One big lesson I learned this week is how much the Savior loves me. How much He loves each and every one of us. I was able to feel His love through so many people this week. I have no doubt that Heavenly Father hears and answers my prayers and that He knows me personally.
I have also learned that the best medicine is teaching the gospel. There is so much joy that comes from sharing the gospel and feeling the Holy Ghost testify through your words. It makes me so happy and I started to think a little bit this week of how I am going to be able to feel the same Spirit in my life even when I am not teaching the gospel full time. I will have to be anxiously engaged in a good cause and strive constantly to be worthy of his presence but I worry it won't be the same.
Our investigator Raul is progressing so well and is ready for his baptism this Sunday. He is an older man and has been so prepared to receive the gospel. He loves reading the Book of Mormon and remembers every detail. Sometimes I think he has taught us more that we have taught him. He is golden.

Nacho is getting so close to his baptism. He has gone from about 20 cigarettes a day to 1 or 2. We keep praying he can drop it. He has already made so many changes in his life in getting married and goes to church even after working the night shift as a taxi driver. We are still on a chocolate fast until he drops it but its been pretty easy since I've been sick and wouldn't be able to eat it either way haha.

Yesterday we went to the Visitor's Center with Valentin and his niece Angela. She has more than 2 months going to church now but still doesn't have permission to get baptized. Her mom wants her to wait longer. The good news is that today she left to EFY until Friday. We are hoping that she will come back with a strengthened testimony and stronger desire to be baptized and have the courage to talk to her mom about her desire with more certainty. It was fun in the CV with them because we were able to watch the video of Valentin there. It was a surprise for her.
My heart has been so full of gratitude this week for so many reasons. Sadly we weren't able to teach as many lessons as we would have liked but were still able to see good progress in the area and ward. We felt the love of so many members. Especially the family we live with. They were constantly checking up and even made me chicken noodle soup! It was the first time I've had that on the mission. So good. I can't even express how grateful I was for their many acts of service. My comp took a picture of one morning that they made me a rice drink with cooked apples and some toast. I actually ended up throwing it all up this day but it was still really good.  
Glad to hear everything is going well at home. Exciting that Mason turns 12 this week! Hope to be able to go do baptisms with him in the temple when I get back! They still have the Thursday morning session right? Hope Madison's knee gets better and isn't anything serious. Love you all! Have a good week!
Hermana Rhoten












No comments:

Post a Comment