Monday, October 13, 2014

Your pictures from Peru are SO awesome!!!


Looks like you had a blast!! So cool to see you all together. Everyone looks so good and happy. That's crazy that you got to see Christian in Lima. My zone leader is from Othello too! Elder Molotte. He also knows the Calaways and Kelsey Turner's cousin. He probably knows Elder Kent too. That's awesome that you got to go to the Temple there!! I miss going to the temple... a lot. But we did some SUPER good deep cleaning this morning to try to fulfill our goal to make our little cozy home have the spirit of a temple. With four girls living together and a white floor it gets dirty quick. Always covered in hair. We must all be balding.

Machu Piccu looks fake! Did you edit those pictures at all? So legit. I was a little jealous about that but not really. Hermana Izaguirre says we can go hike a cool hill in her old area for a pday soon. The bonus of having a tiny mission. It's easy to travel and visit.
My companion and I :)
Tonight we'll find out about cambios! We had interviews with President this week too so with that and based on the time we have. Were pretty sure Hermana Amor and Hermana Lovell are leaving. It sounds like they might actually be taking out a companionship to close an area and our areas will just be bigger or they might put Elders in. It's fun having 6 Hermanas in the same ward but its a lot of Hermanas! And they've had 6 Hermanas here for a long time! Bishop was joking with us yesterday saying he was going to ask President for Elders so they will start baptizing more women. Pretty funny. Balbuenas a really great ward and they spoil us a lot. Since they knew cambios were coming up, they took us out to eat Saturday at a really really nice restaurant. It's like Tucanos where they bring the different types of meat out and have salad buffet. And they had someone make us these cookies too with our names on them and a picture of us. Yep. Pretty spoiled.
My salad plate. It was SUPER good. The meat too. And the roasted pineapple... SO good. Definitely didn't feel like I was on a mission in Mexico.
My companion was super excited to see pickles. I don't think I had seen or eaten any since I got here.
The dessert for Hermana Izaguirre's birthday :) Yep we even got tres leches cake.
This week was busy with lots of activities and meetings but it was good! Our area is progressing and has lots of potential but is progressing slowly. We have been trying and asking Heavenly Father what we can do or stop doing so that we can see some more progress and striving everyday to be more and more consecrated so we can find the people who are prepared and see the fruits of our labors.
6 Hermanas! Love these girls lots. It's been a fun transfer with them :) Were all pretty gringa though and I asked President in my interview if I was ever going to have a latin companion that doesn't speak English. All 20 of the Hermanas with callings assigned to the field are from the States and the 24 in the Visitors Center are Latin. He said he doesn't know why it's like that but that's how the calls are coming. I told him I wanted to get rid of my gringa accent and he told me that my Spanish was really good but my accent might not go away. He said just not to get a chilangen accent.. tehe. Presidents way cool. 
So on Saturday some members were driving four of us missionaries to the stake activity at the Visitors Center and they were saying how they first thing we need to do when we get home is get a pedicure and a nice massage. I agreed and told him our feet were super ugly. Next thing we know he found a spa in our area and bought all 6 Hermanas pedicures for today. We couldn't believe it and felt super fresa but it was already paid for... :) Never thought I would get a pedicure on my mission... but yeah that's what happened :) Yep we got spoiled this week...
My toes still need to be tanned but my feet feel SUPER good today :)
For the activity on Saturday, all the missionaries in the stake came to help one ward contact all the less actives in their ward and visit them. They put one missionary with a member or two and we all split for a couple hours. The Hermana who baptized Lilian (our convert bipolar and some other health issues) got her to come and she was excited til she realized how much we would be walking. I ended up staying at the chapel with her for two hours playing piano. She was a music professor for several years. We rewrote the song Venid Adoremos (cant remember whats its called in English) making it a little lower so we could reach all the notes. It was actually super cool and I learned a lot. Lilian is crazy but I've really grown to love her. She has her episodes a lot but she also has one of the most powerful testimonies I've heard. Yesterday in fast and testimony meeting after sharing my testimony I went back sat next to her and pushed her a little to go up. The room was filled with the spirit. Our schitzophrenic investigator Manuel is doing really good too.  We have to go really slow with him to make sure he understands everything before baptism but he's already passed 2 Nephi and loves going to church. Yep. I've been learning a lot here.
We got rained on pretty good this week! It was super strong so we tried to wait it out a bit while teaching this guy at a store. Then we decided to just go for it because we had to get to an appointment. We were far and so arrived completely soaked even with umbrellas...(well umbrella. My companion gave hers to a little lady that we always see in the streets. She comes from a pueblo to sell candy and cigarettes in our area everyday. She had a long way to walk and no umbrella so my comp being the super sweet person she is just handed hers over and we walked sharing the broken $6 one I bought at the swap meet in Hawaii. So more like half of an umbrella. I've been meaning to fix it but haven't found time)...... and they weren't there. We went to a recent converts house close by and she hooked us up with shirts, coats, dry socks, plastic bags for our shoes, hot chocolate and a melted cheese and ham sandwich. The people here are always so willing to give :)
Got some super cheap spinach but lots of it and needed to use it all so I made some spinach pancakes with oatmeal and flax seed and avocado on top. They were actually super good. You get pretty creative as a missionary making sure not to waste food :)
Well hope you make it home safe and that Madison doesn't get behind on her school work. Love you lots and pray for you daily. Christmas this year is coming soon when I find things I buy them and will send them so you can start looking for random surprises in the mail soon. Hope aunt Sheree had a good birthday last week too! 

Lots of love, 

Hermana Rhoten    












No comments:

Post a Comment