Monday, October 27, 2014

Already another week!

Previous message
 Everything's going great in Balbuena and the days are passing by quick. We've been working really hard and are starting to have lots of success. Not even sure what to say. I will have to start taking notes during the week again.
Happiest thing ever this week. Friday when we went for shots and to the visitors center with a menos activa I found Hermana Nelson!! She was in my district in the MTC and is in the Northwest mission. We were really close in the MTC so I was WAY excited to see her even though we didn't have much time to talk. She's doing good :)
And President already said I could stop by the visitors center to see Aubrey Sintay when she comes from the MTC...:) She emailed me and said they are going on Thursday morning. SO cool. Pretty excited. We'll find a family to take too :)
We've started using some new ideas to help people understand our purpose as missionaries and help them prepare to be baptized. Have a bunch of calendars up on our walls to help us make plans and give good follow up. I've been spending all my time at night organizing the area books because we are combining the two areas. My area has just about doubled from what it was last transfer. So our agendas are pretty packed and we are running crazy everyday. It's just like when they combined our areas in Bosques all over again.
Last night at the visitors center with Daniel and Odette. Her son is getting baptized this week! And she wants to get baptized too.... but they have to get married first. He's been less active for several years but they've been going to church together for a while now :)
Also this week we got flu shots and had to go get x-rays on my companions foot. It's been bothering her quite a bit but nothing came out in the x-rays. Think its a tendon or something. She limps around pretty good but we've also got some awesome members in a ward that are willing to drive us everywhere. They'd literally drop us off at a cita and come back in an hour to take us to the next. It's been great to get around so fast and we were able to teach a ton of lessons.
Today we had a birthday party for a bunch of the Hermanas that are close by with a family in my ward. It was fun to see them all and see all of my old companions :)
All the birthday girls!
Sad news this week. We had the time change on Saturday so we gained an hour of sleep which means that it gets darker a lot earlier and all the hermanas now have to be home by 7:30 instead of 8:30 because it's too sketchy to be out when it's dark I guess. President said we could leave at 10am and come back in the evening to finish studies but we have a lot of people who can't see us until 7 or 7:30 but President said we can work it out with the members so we aren't in the streets at night but still teaching. Gonna take some careful planning but I was relieved because I think I would go crazy having to be home that early everyday.
At the visitors center.
I gave a talk yesterday in church about faith and relating it to sharing the gospel. I'm learning a lot about the miracles that come when we have faith and strive to always do the Lord's will. I love being a missionary and getting to share the gospel everyday. There is no greater joy than seeing people change and come unto Christ. One of my favorite things is listening to investigators pray. The kind of prayers where you can feel that they are sincerely searching for direction from God. The kind of prayers where you know that He is listening and that He will answer them because of their faith and love to do His will. 

Hope everything is going well at home. I feel like I had more to say but now I can't remember. Keep me updated on how hunting goes and Madison with her school work. I've been praying for you daily and know that you can do it. CBC is a little hard to get the hang of at first. I'm trying to think of my classes and yeah its kinda hard to remember right now but I will let you know. And Christmas yeah I don't know either. I will think about that too. Oh actually maybe some almond butter. I can't find any here. Love you lots and hope you have a good week oh and that Miranda gets better! It does sound like what I had. I'm not even sure what it was or how I got better exactly but it's a lot better now. Get a Priesthood blessing and be careful what you eat I guess. Love you and praying for you too. 

Have a good week and a Happy Halloween!! 

Con amor,

Hermana Rhoten

No comments:

Post a Comment