Monday, October 6, 2014

That's crazy that you guys are in Peru!!!

Monica and her daughter Liz and her daughter Nikol at Saturday Morning Conference :) Ya.. I didn't take as many pictures this week... next week ;)
Silly Dad. Trying to speak Spanish. Is anyone there to help you get around? Are you coming to Mexico next year? I'm not sure if it's allowed but I think so. Way sad you didn't get to see conference. It was AWESOME!!! I had a lot of questions answered and felt like Heavenly Father knew EXACTLY what I needed to hear. Pretty cool how that works. Also it made me SUPER happy to be able to watch conference in Spanish and actually understand everything! Definitely couldn't do that 6 months ago. It was fun to see how much I have learned since then. 
Hermana Izaguirre is way stoked that you guys are in Peru! She has lots of family in Lima but is from more up north. She says that everyone that goes to Peru has to buy a shirt like this. She's in our ward and lives with me. I think I'm gonna gift her some sublime chocolate for her birthday. Miranda said she would send me some :)
We had a really good week! My companions grandma was passing through cuz she's from Mexico and President gave us permission to see her! My comp was way excited. We got to take her to the Visitors Center with a recent convert and his mom who is an investigator on Tuesday. So that was exciting :)
We felt like we were almost matching this day so we took a picture :)
Also couple Elders from my mission were kidnapped this week but only for a few 8 hours or so. And they were fine. They just held them for ransom but nothing really happened so no worries. We got a good letter from President today with some new precautions. But don't worry. Our area is way safe and we never take taxis unless there is a member with us. But it got all the way to the First Presidency which is pretty legit. The Hermana areas are really safe and pretty and fresa. Fresa means strawberry in Spanish.. but in Mexico its also like rich or preppy or I don't know how to describe it. But the Hermana wards are pretty fresa :) And we always follow the Spirit. 

We were able to bring investigatores to almost all of the conference sessions which was really exciting! It was crazy to think that two years have already passed since the prophet changed the age for sister missionaries. Crazy to think how much this revelation he received has changed my entire life. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God and that he is leading and guiding this Church under the direction of Jesus Christ. I love being able to teach and testify and wear His name everyday as a missionary. Through His Atonement we are not only saved but we can overcome whatever trial or weakness that we have. 

I really loved the talk by Jorg Klebingat that told us to rate and reflect on ourselves and asked if we would be comfortable to have a personal interview with the Savior. He mentioned a lot how we can change. We have the privilege to repent and the promise that we can be changed and forgiven and free. This principle is true. I have tried it and seen it in my life. We are never just stuck where we are or should settle with "well that's just the way I am." We are children of an Eternal God who loves us. As His literal children we have the right and the ability to become like Him. In the talk in the women's conference by Pres. Uchtdorf he testified of our identity as children of God and said that we can't comprehend what it really means to be a child of God but as we treasure His commandments we can come to know more of the potential that we have. I can't wait for you guys to watch conference! I could spend lots of time writing my thoughts and feelings about it but I don't want to spoil it too much... and were getting close on time ;) 

But hope you all have a terrific week in Peru and send me some cool pictures. Can't believe Miranda is already done! I love you lots and am so grateful for you example. I know that families are eternal and will be excited to see you again soonish :) Tell Madison not to slack on CBC homework while she's gone like I would have. She will regret it later. 

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Rhoten 2

No comments:

Post a Comment