Monday, December 15, 2014

Hola! Another awesome week!

Went by quick. And.... my comp and I just realized we didn't take any photos... super lame. Were gonna take lots this week for sure :) We took a selfie in the street on our way to write just to have something to send.

Well everything is going well and I am LOVING being able to share the gospel with the Christmas spirit in the air. My area has lots of cute lights and trees and we've been starting to get offered lots of ponche. It's a fruit tea. But its SUPER good. So I don't mind having it everyday. 

We have a lot of investigators right now but all are progressing really slowly... or not progressing. So lots of work to do! I feel like we are planting some solid seeds but not as many making it to the waters of baptism recently. But we are fasting and praying for miracles and know that they will come. 

I was reading this week in Helaman 10 and I LOVE the example of Nefi and his faithfulness to the Lord and how the Lord had so much confidence in him that what ever he asked for he was given because the Lord knew that he wouldn't ask for anything that would be against His will. He promised to make him powerful in words and acts and faith. (It seems to make more sense in Spanish but the scripture is something like that.. pretty sure it's verse 5) But I loved this example and know that it's true that when we are faithful and give our all to the Lord that is when we have the right to ask and receive.
Guilty of not taking pictures this week and forwarding this picture that my old comp Hna Fowler sent me with her group email... :) These pinatas are everywhere right now! For the posadas or I think that's how you spell it. They fill them with fruit.
My companion and I made some new goals this week and have been analyzing our work each day to make sure we are being exactly obedient. It's been a cool focus and are already seeing the blessings of it. We are trying our best to turn the work over to the Lord and let His Spirit guide us. It's been fun to read the mission manual and pay more attention to every detail and search for little things we can do to become more consecrated and obedient. I know there is power when we follow the Lord's counsel with exactness

Thanks for all the birthday wishes this week!! Can't believe it's already my birthday. Pretty crazy how fast the time goes by. Love you all and excited to skype soon. 

Have a great week!

Hermana Rhoten

No comments:

Post a Comment