Monday, December 1, 2014

Well it was a good week! I sent lots of pictures

so I feel like that means I don't have to write as much which is good cuz we don't have much time left.
My comp and I in the Visitors Center last night. They turned on the lights! We went with a menos activa that we contacted in the street. She went to church this week for the first week in a few years and then came with us in the evening with a few other members. It was way gorgeous. We all sang Christmas hymns waiting for the lights. I love Christmas time.
Glad to hear you all had a fun relaxing thanksgiving and all is going well at home. We ate good and had a good time with the Romero family.
Our breakfast Thanksgiving morning. We went all out. The family that was making us Thanksgiving dinner wanted to wait and eat at 6 so it would be at dinner time. We usually eat our big meal everyday at 3... so we figured a big breakfast would be okay.
Thanksgiving dinner! Stuffing stuffed turkey... this wasn't even all of it either..
The green bean cassorole. So good.
Pumpkin cupcakes for dessert. We decorated them :)
With Hermana and President Romero. They are awesome. It was fun hearing all their mission stories.
Our Christmas zone activity today. We made ginger bread houses. Had a pinata and did a white elephant. I got a pineapple. It was pretty fun :)
More pictures from our zone activity. It always takes a while to get everyone a good picture on timer... then we all send them to each other to find the best one. tehe.
A member that took us out to eat as a thanksgiving meal this week.. .to an Italian place. It was super good.
Some of the graffiti is really good here. These are some of the apartment buildings in me area. 
My companion while we were waiting for the metro.. or the subway.
We've been doing well but having a lot of baptism dates fall through for different reasons and have a lot of work to do. But I know that the Lord is preparing people and as we keep being diligent and obedient we will be lead to them. Its such a great time of year to be a missionary and testify of our Savior Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful for His perfect example and for His Atonement. I know that through Him anything is possible. Anyone can change and be forgiven. He has provided the way to eternal life and happiness in this life as well. I know that He loves each of us and knows how to shape us so that we can reach our potential as children of God if we first put our trust in Him. His grace is sufficient.
 
Have a good week!

Hermana Rhoten























No comments:

Post a Comment