Monday, January 19, 2015

A Child's Prayer

Last week I got a call from Hno Paco and he said, "come outside, I've got a surprise"... it was Dario! And cheesecake too :)
We had a really awesome week!! Seeing lots of progress and have been filled with appointments just running around like crazy everyday. Hitting over 60 lessons a week! Fun stuff. We are working really hard together and putting lots of goals and keeping busy.
Smores
We made smores this week!!! With reeses. Super yummy.

My favorite part about this week was teaching that family that I mentioned who walked themselves to church last Sunday. We were teaching them the plan of salvation with all the cute little pictures and all. And at the end we talked about their baptism date and how it was necessary to get baptized to go to the celestial kingdom. Asking them how they felt about their baptism. Papa Eduardo is a yes. Raymundo the 9 year old was all excited and Dulce Maria as well (even though she's 6 and has to wait a bit...) But Araceli the 12 year old girl just shook her head silently.
A new fruit I tried that is really good... granada (like a pomegranate but not red)

She told us she was scared and we invited her to pray and ask Heavenly Father if she should get baptized. I've spent my whole mission telling people to pray and ask specifically in their prayer and very seldom do they actually do it. But Araceli understood and gave the most sincere prayer I have ever heard. Pausing after giving thanks and said.."... and...question... should I get baptized? Because I'm not sure if I should get baptized. I'm just scared and I don't know. Can you let me know if I should. Please, if it's not too much of a bother can you answer me and tell me if I should get baptized?..."
The giant naciemento in the temple. I just like it. So I took a picture. Counting down the days until this temple opens up! I have been dying to enter for so long now.... but not until June or July..

Definitely one of my favorite moments of my mission. The faith of a child. If only we all prayed with such faith and sincerity. We finished by promising her that God would answer her prayer. I know that our Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers, that He loves us and wants us to be happy.
We went to the Visitor's Center twice this week. Saturday and Sunday evening. Love it there. Such a peaceful place. Perfect for investigators. And my new area is even a little bit closer than the last.
If you were wondering what it looks like from the roof of where we live.... I took some pictures when we were hanging up our clothes to dry today. Pretty cool. The roofs are all flat here for clothes to hang and dry. There's lots of contamination today but when there isn't quite so much you can see the volcano. There's also the 30 pesos a day gym (2 dollars) in front of the house.. and the paneria... so good.
Better get going! Not much time today... we went to Bosques and got hair trimmed with a family I know there and then visited Hector and Alejandra and their cute kids. Love them! So it was a good day :) Hope everyone is doing well! Love you all!
Have a stellar semana!

Hermana Rhoten

PS. I think Sydney's brother Jase Ward was in this ward too. I found his name studying the area book the other day and then we were eating with a family that had known a lot of missionaries and they said that they usually never remember their names after they leave and then the 14 year old boy was like the only one I remember was Elder Ward. He was a really cool Elder. So if that was Jase he's sure left a good legacy.
























No comments:

Post a Comment