Monday, January 26, 2015

Hola! Hey!! Lunes again! Crazy how fast time is flying by!

We had an awesome week. Super busy. Not even sure where to start! Manuel got baptized yesterday!!! It's been cool to see him make sacrifices to go to church and was definitely ready to take that step! I'm shocked and happy by how many people are progressing right now. Out of nowhere we are seeing a lot of people ready to accept the gospel and had more investigators in church yesterday than I've ever had before in my mission.
Many's baptism yesterday!!! So happy for him :)

I'm not sure who took this picture or when.... but it describes our Sunday pretty well :) Busy busy busy!
Monday night we had family night with Bishop's family and Eduardo and his kids! We taught the gospel of Jesus Christ. We put two papers on the ground, one with our names and the other saying Heavenly Father and explained that it was impossible to make it back to him without touching the floor but with the stepping stones of faith in Christ, repentance, baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end we can. It was a fun lesson. I love teaching their family. It's so fun to have kids that listen and participate so much in the lessons. I had forgotten a little bit how much I love hanging out with children. They are so innocent and pure and close to God. I got to sit between little Dulce Maria and Raymundo yesterday during sacrament meeting. Brought some picture books and candy... :) We love them SO much!!
This was from our family night last Monday at the Bishop's house. We teach about the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Cutest kids ever. Raymundo. He's hilarious.
And him with Dulce Maria. Adorable. We really love this family and its been so fun to teach them because their kids pay attention and yeah its just so fun.
Our other family night last week we went up with the family we live with and made some decked out Oreo brownies :) Hadn't had those in a really really long time. Yum. For the lesson President Galicia talked about the new area plan for this year. We have lots of work to do! The Lord is definitely hastening His work.
Hermana Campbell and I bought some sweet matching sweat shirts
This area is a little more humble than my other two areas. Lots more poverty and marijuana (if that's how you spell it). I've become pretty pro at sniffing it out. A skill I didn't have before the mission. It's so heartbreaking to see how people live and makes me want to give up all that I have. I feel like I have been so incredibly blessed through out my life and doesn't seem fair. But I know that Heavenly Father knows whats best for each of us so that we can return and live with Him. 

My old companion Hermana Fowler is in this ward with me which is super fun! We did divisions for a few hours today to go visit our converts together in Bosques. So nice to see them and see that they are doing well :)
I also got to visit some of my favorite people from Bosques today!!!
(Family Morales Gomez)
Apparently the Elders think they can be friends with Hector and Alejandra tambien! They all were there eating when we came.

The mission is the greatest. I have learned so much and love my time here serving the Lord. I know that this is His work and that He is guiding us everyday. I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life and the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that as we follow His example and trust in Him completely we are blessed, comforted and guided. Faith in Him gives us the ability to change, to reach our full potential and become what He wants us to be.
At another baptism
Hope everyone is doing well! Thanks for the updates. So sad about Nathan McBride. Hope his family is doing well. Glad to hear Randy is recovering good. Sounds like everyone's having having babies and getting married. So legit that Steven Beo might play for BYU. Good luck at State little miss Madi. Happy half birthday Miranda. Hope the Seahawks win. Have fun in Disneyland with the Hatchlings :) 

Con amor, 

Hermana Rhoten 
We were at Visitor's Center Thursday and Saturday this week.
 
























 

No comments:

Post a Comment