Monday, April 20, 2015

Hola! We had a crazy week :)


It was busy with lots of changes and adjusting. Hermana Medwin left to the mission home Tuesday and flew home Wednesday. The other companionship in our ward were taken out so we now have double area to cover. My new companion is Hermana Campbell. She is 23 and is from New Hampshire. Studied at BYU Idaho before the mission. I already knew her really well because she was in this ward with me before but we weren't companions then. It helps because she knows the half of the area and I know the other half. We have lots and lot of work to do and people to see its been a little overwhelming especially because she also is going home soon, the Friday before Mother's day to be exact.
We went to the Visitor's Center again on Saturday and watched Meet the Mormons again with another group of investigators. Such a good movie. Great missionary opportunity. We actually both fell asleep this time though... the room was so dark and cozy chairs and it was such an exhausting week. It was pretty funny. I don't think our investigators noticed. I looked over and saw Hna Campbell with her head nodded down and eyes shut and kinda chuckled and then found myself doing the same thing just a few minutes later :)
I got asked to speak in sacrament meeting on Sunday and chose to talk about the importance of covenants. On my mission my understanding of making and keeping covenants has really increased. As we make and keep sacred covenants with the Lord and renew them often we allow the cleansing power of the Atonement to work in our lives and purify our souls. I really enjoyed studying these topics this past week.
I read an article in the Liahona that I liked that referred to the suffering of the Savior in the garden of Gethsemane and how he asked his apostles to wait with him. When he returned they were sleeping. I often have thought of this event like why couldn't they wait with him? The article then relates this moment that they had to wait with him to the moment that we have to wait with the Savior and remember him as we partake of the sacrament each Sunday. I'm so grateful for the sacred time we have each week to think of our Redeemer and renew our promise to follow him. I have felt the power of His Atonement work in my life through the small and simple act of partaking of the bread and water. I invite you all to truly pay attention to the sacrament prayers and use the sacred minutes of the sacrament to remember our Savior and all that he has done for us. 

The work goes on and the church is true :) Hope everyone has a great week :) 


Also we got so unlucky with food this week... I'm not gonna complain about it....but we ate octopus drowned in ketchup and it was the nastiest thing ever. It was so hard to get down with the texture and taste. We bought ice cream afterward to reward ourselves haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment