Monday, June 16, 2014

Hola!!! Wow. What a good week!!!

Last picture with Hermana Burrola at the transfer meeting! Saying goodbye.
I'm exhausted. I feel like I worked harder this week than any other week in my mission. Probably partly because the rain went away this week and it was nice and toasty all day everyday :) With transfers I got a new companion and now there are only 2 other Elders in our ward instead of 4. They gave us the area that they closed so our area just doubled and we have lots of work to do! Our agendas are already just about full for the next week! Which is great! We never have to think of what to do next because there's always someone to visit and work to do here. I am so happy to be in Bosques another transfer and feel like our area has a lot of potential right now. I hope I stay for a few more months. I love being busy though and am really really excited to take over the other area.
Mom made the agenda this transfer cycle :)  And Christ.. but He's made everyone so far.

My companion is Hermana Fowler! She is from Wyoming and has the same amount of time in the mission as me. It makes it a little difficult sometimes because we both have to work really hard to understand everything. Before we both had fluent comps that could help us but we do good still and can pretty much understand everything :) I love her already and it was a lot easier than I thought to adjust our teaching and living and everything. She works really hard and I have already learned a lot from her. We are both really excited about the members and the work here. It's gonna be a good transfer for sure! We also have a really awesome district and zone. This week we received references like crazy!! That rarely ever happens. The ward is really supporting us. We are so blessed :)
My new companion!! Hermana Fowler. We might look kinda gross... We were all hot and sweaty from the activity at the park... but we needed a photo :) 
Most random thing ever. The week of Easter when mom sent me my candy package, My comp and I were eating the chocolate covered coconut almonds on the way back from our district meeting and shared a couple with Milton, a guy that we pass by a lot and asked us to teach him English but we can't cuz he's not interested in the gospel. But anyways, the other day he stopped me and asked what those chocolates were and where he could find them. I thought it was way funny cuz it had been so long and he was so serious about it. They really are that good though. He said he would pay for them if you send more. :)
And my scavenger hunt team from today! President and Hermana Anaya planned the activity for the Visitor's Center Sisters but they needed a couple more to make the teams even so they invited my companion and I :) It was pretty sweet. We got third place.
Tuesday night Romina planned her first family home evening :) She invited the Bishop's family, the young women's presidency and their families and some other friends she has from the ward and us :) I just love her and love watching her progress! She LOVES sharing the gospel and is always willing to go to lessons with us. We had a ward activity Saturday that we had been planning for awhile with our ward mission leader. It was an open house deal with all the organizations in the church so people could learn more about our services. The turn out was awesome and we found some new investigators that are excited to learn more :) 
Missionaries have fun too :) The secretaries and assistants went to help out.
I can't even say how much I love this ward and all the people here. We are so truly blessed :) Were cutting email time short because we still have lots to do but I love you all and am so grateful for the support I've received. Oh! Also super sorry that I forgot to wish Dad a Happy Father's day last week! All the days blend together and I forgot what week it was. I hope it was a good one Dad and hope you know what a great example you are to me. I have learned so much from you that is helping me serve here more effectively. I am grateful that you taught me how to work hard and be diligent. I love you lots and will be excited to go hunting and fishing with you when I get home. Seeing all the pictures from Roosevelt makes me a little jealous. I miss yours and Randy's fish! We pretty much never get fish here. BUT... Hermana Benita (Diana's mom) has made me some the past two Sundays.... :) Yep. They are the greatest! Honestly. They help us so much. She is home doing my laundry right now.....and her husband said he could come fumigate all the cockroaches out of our house :) There's lots right now with the heat. We are so grateful for their service and friendship :) 

Have a good week everyone! I know that this work is real. We see the Lord's hand in it everyday and know that the promises blessings are sure. I know that God loves us and we are His children. He wants each of us to return to live with Him. And He has provided the way, which is Christ. I know that He is my Savior and Redeemer and King and because of His sacrifice, we will never be alone. I know that change and repentance is real through His grace. Through sacred covenants, we can feel the hope and the power of His Atonement in our lives. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and the opportunity I have to share the joy and blessings with the people here :)

Con mucho amor, 

Hermana Rhoten! 2



No comments:

Post a Comment