Monday, June 30, 2014

Buenas tardes! Can't believe another week has already passed!

The time flies on the misión. There's always so much to do and so much to improve but I am loving my time here and learning a lot :)

We had our zone activity this morning and made jerseys with spray paint and played soccer. It was way fun. I am starting to get better at it too. Everyone plays soccer here. One of our investigators came too! He's 17 and had some hard trials in his life. He's pretty quiet but always willing to listen. He said that he wants the góspel to be true and he is searching for an answer so we know he will find it :) I think he really enjoyed getting to play with all the Elders though!
Zone activity shirts!
World cup is huge right now! We planned our baptism yesterday for the same time Mexico was playing on accident. Not a ton of the ward stayed... but it still turned out really good and the room was still full :) Mexico lost 2-1. But everyone still partied. Lots. We might have found a few people passed out drunk on the streets.
Bautismo ayer!
The streets during the game yesterday! Mexico was playing in the world cup. Totally empty and silent and then every one cheers and screams at once. They lost though.
This week my companion and I really tried to focus on charity and truly just loving each and everyone of our investigators. We have a good amount right now and it's hard to know how we can help each and everyone of them. We have been trying to rely on the Spirit a lot to tell us what to do and say to help them come unto Christ and participate in the blessings of the góspel. I feel like all of my thoughts are centered on them right now and there really isn't time to think about or focus on anything else. But I hope everything is going good back home! I will print off your emails and read them soon :)
Cleaning out the font because the drain wasn't working!
I was really happy to get grandmas letter this week! It's always fun getting letters in the mail. Also Happy Birthday to her today! I hope you have a good one and everyone spoils you good! Actually would you mind sending me a picture of all my grandparents? I can put it on my USB drive and print it. I have a good collection of fotos in the house but don't have any with any of them in it. My companion and I love telling stories about our families and sharing the things we have learned from them.
Ready for the rain!
I can't really think of any good stories to tell this week. We had a pretty crazy experience last night.. but probably better to wait and tell that one when I get home. Oh we had an awesome zone conference Friday with President and his wife. It was all focused on The Book of Mormon and how important it is in our personal conversión and in converting our investigatores. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon in my life and know that it was translated by the power of God. I am almost finished reading it in Spanish and love that the Spirit can really speak to us in different ways no matter how many times we reread it or what language. I know that our Heavenly Father knows and loves us perfectly and He wants to bless us. Better get going but hope everyone has a good week!
Con mucho amor,

Hermana Rhoten 2















No comments:

Post a Comment