Monday, August 4, 2014

Hola!! La semana ha pasado bien rápido otra vez!

Grecias baptism yesterday!!!! She's the sweetest. I have LOVED teaching her. Takes a little more patience but she has learned a lot and I love being able to teach the basic doctrine.
Her half brother Christian baptized her! He is sending in his mission papers in a couple weeks. Him and his older siblings have been members almost a year and a half. Grecia is 10 and loves going to church with her siblings and their mom. She was really excited to be baptized.
The before pictures :)
We've had a good week! Always lots of ups and downs but overall the good always overcomes the disappointments. We can see that Heavenly Father is always watching over us and providing for us. Sometimes we have to be patient and align our will with his but I love in 2 Nephi 26:24 that says that He won't do anything unless it's for the benefit of the world. I know that this is the Lord's work. He is guiding it to fulfill His purposes and bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.
I got my hair cut last Monday at the Flores Salon! They are a really awesome family. Still working on activating them... but they are way cool. Ivan cut it and Paola curled it with a straightener. I had been just trimming the ends of my hair myself the past 6 months so it felt nice to get it trimmed for reals :)
It felt kinda weird getting my hair cut by a guy... but he did a good job!
Diana did our nails last monday!!! Love her!
I am learning that all we can do is be obedient and trust the Lord and then He can use us as instruments in His work. I love being a missionary! My companion and I made some knew goals this week to try and become changed. We both have 6 months tomorrow since we arrived at the MTC! We are striving together to overcome our imperfections and be more consecrated servants and representatives of Jesus Christ. There will always be more that we can improve but I know that the Lord is willing to help us when we come to Him and He can change us and sanctify so we become who He wants us to be.
Today we went to Hector's and Alejandra's to make banana brownie pancakes and wash our clothes. The zone leaders went too. It was pretty sweet! They are a way cool family.
We made this one especially for them :)
We are pretty tight on time today! Always so much to do! But I sent lots of pictures so hopefully that can make up for my short email. As missionaries we work hard but play hard too. The people here are AWESOME and I've made some great friendships! It will be hard to leave this area. So many people I love.
Sometimes people give us clothes. These are my favorite pajamas now.
Excited to hear how Madison's EFY goes! All the youth went to an EFY this past week and testimony meeting was incredible yesterday! The Spirit was so strong. They will all make great future missionaries :) Jessica our recent convert from last week went too! She LOVED it! We tried to have a lesson with her on Saturday but the whole time was stories from EFY. But it was still really good! I am so happy for her!
Our feet have the nastiest tan ever. Its pretty sweet.
Love you all lots and hope you have a good week!  

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Rhoten 2
























No comments:

Post a Comment