Monday, September 8, 2014

Hola familia! Ya me fui de Bosques!!!

Diana and Hermana Benita. Gonna miss them!!
Just as I thought last week, I had transfers and moved to Balbuena! Even though Diana already told Mom.....tehe. So this week was a little bitter sweet. We spent Tuesday morning running all around the area to say goodbye and share little messages with the people that I could find. Hector and Alejandra fed us and drove us to cambios. I was excited to leave and meet more people but... definitely not excited to leave the people that I love so much and all the work I had done in Bosques. I might have cried this week for the first time since I left my house.
And Blanca. Shes gonna get baptized someday for sure.
Hermana Hilda! We worked to activate her and she's doing really well right now. Her son too! Sweetest lady ever.
My neighbors! We rent from Laura. She helped us a ton but never wanted to go back to church.
La familia Flores! Love them.
We came to say goodbye to Grecia and her family but we only found Christian. Gonna miss their family too! Good thing Bosques is only about 10 or 15 mins away in car from my new area.... about 30 in the metro though...
Hermana Sonia! She activated and her daughter Jessica was the one who really helped her with her desire to learn more and get baptized. She's now preparing to serve a mission in a year and a half. So we gave her Hermana Fowler's name tag for the picture :) Love them.
Saying goodbyes.. Gaby Diaz and I. Gonna miss them!
Hermana y Hermano Torres!! Love them. They've helped us out a ton... including buying me peanut butter :)
Happier note. My new area is really awesome and we have already seen many miracles in just the past few days. It surprised me how quickly I could love the people here. There is a lot of potential in our area and lots of work to do! My new companion is Hermana Medrano. She's from California and has 9 months in the mission. She is honestly the greatest. I am already learning lots from her and love teaching with her. We live above the Bishop's house with two of the other Hermanas in our ward. It's super fun with the four of us but also a little cozy. Not sure if I want to send you pictures cuz it looks super messy and cluttery but I really love it. And.... the shower works here!! And the boiler too! So I've been loving my hot showers this week! Our ward is way nice too! I don't know if you remember how I said before that there is one zone in our mission that has over half the Hermanas because it's safer and all.. well I'm in that zone now. So my ward has 6 Hermanas in it! Way different than my ward and zone before but I am really happy that I finally get to know the other Hermanas in my mission better.
In the car on the way to the cambios meeting with Zoe!! Shes the cutest. Alejandra says she looks like my daughter.
Cambios..... nada mas nos cambiamos companeras y areas.. tehe :) Pocito chistoso. There aren't many Hermanas or places for Hermanas and we just ended up switching places. We still haven't received new Hermanas since I got here and I've heard rumors that we won't until the first American Hermanas leave in Mayo. So... I'll probably never get to train until the end of my mission.. but maybe those rumors aren't true. No one really knows.

Not quite as happy note.. I'm still sick cuz that bacteria infection I had messed up my intestines just about everything I eat hurts so I had to go to the doctor again today. She gave me a prescription to take before every meal and a strict diet to follow for the next 30 days. I really liked the food here before but now I can't eat anything greasy or fried or spicy or pork or chocolate or dairy nor peanut butter. Pretty much just fruits, veggies, crackers, eggs, chicken, and soy milk. Wednesday I got a blessing and it said that Heavenly Father was aware of my sickness and it would be healed according to my faith but that I had to be patient and as I ate the right foods and drank the right amount of water He would heal my organs and cells. It was a really cool blessing because everything was so specific, and also talked about the work I had to do in this area.
Normal clouds in Mexico City! This was this morning going out for our run. We did divisions with the other Hermanas in our ward and I ran with Hermana Wilkinson! She was in the MTC with me :)
Alley way morning selfie :)
I know with out a doubt that this is where I am supposed to be and am so grateful for the time I have to serve. I know that the power of the Priesthood is real and that our Heavenly Father is very aware of us in every moment of our lives. He loves us and has a plan for each of us so that we can return and live with Him someday :)

Have a good week! Love you lots and am praying for you always!


Hermana Rhoten 2
























No comments:

Post a Comment