Monday, September 22, 2014

Hola! What a week!

Really loving Balbuena and all but I'm SUPER happy today because I'm back in Bosques for the day. We came to visit our old companions and to see Alejandra :) Feel so at home. Even though I really do love my new area and ward. We are doing well and seeing lots of progress right now. But I'm happy to be back again for a few hours :)
Found Hermana Larsen today at the doctors in Aragon! She's in the Northwest mission but was in my district in the MTC. I was WAY stoked to see her! Sounds like shes doing well :)

I feel like I'm learning a lot about faith and trusting in the Lords timing. We had an investigator pass away this week. The day after he had gone to church. He was preparing to get baptized in a couple weeks and was WAY ready. His faith amazed me. He had been in a car accident and was in a wheel chair with metal legs and little use of his arms. We actually still aren't sure what happened because he was only 50 and we haven't been able to contact his mother and have only heard from the neighbors. So that was sad but good to know that he had already accepted the message and the only restraint he had was physically being able to go to church. We had to arrange so members went to pick him up and carrying him in their car and then out of it and it was really hard for him physically so now he's in a place where he won't have those restraints anymore. The Lord has a perfect plan for everything.
Hermanas de Balbuena!
Got to go on divisions this week with Hermana Wilkinson! She was in the MTC with me too and it was really cool to see how she's grown and changed over the past 6 months. It's been fun having her and Hermana Lovell in the ward. Hermana Lovell is the girl that we met up with at the temple in Rexburg last year and Miranda also trained her best friend in Peru, Hermana Whitlock. We went running together this morning. I'm so grateful Ive been able to run on my mission. Hadn't gone the last couple weeks but finally was feeling up to it.
With Dani! Shes putting in her papers soon :)
That's the other really cool thing about this week.. I'm FINALLY getting better and should be almost completely good in a couple weeks. Thursday my intestines were way angry and huge so I had to go to the doctor again and they were a little worried that it has been lasting so long and just getting worse and said if it wasn't good by Monday I was gonna have to go do some other tests and stuff that sounded really miserable. They also gave be a pill to kill all bacteria and parasites and changed what I was taking before and gave me a list with about 6 things that I was allowed to eat which was super lame.
Ward activity Friday night for Mexican independence day! 
Then Saturday still wasn't feeling much better and we came home a little early and Bishop asked if I wanted a blessing. He actually speaks pretty good English and we had a good talk with him about faith and healing. Then in the blessing it said that my body was commanded to reject what ever illness that tries to enter it and that I should stay and rest tonight but that I would be able to wake up the next day as if nothing had ever happened according to my faith. That it was the Lord's will that I would physically be able to do the work that the Lord had for me here with out the restraints that I had before. I'm so grateful to be a member of the Church where we have the restored gospel and restored Priesthood power. I was reminded that through the Atonement we can be healed in every aspect of our lives.
This is the Young Women dancing. The Relief Society also danced and the Primary. It was way fun and cool to watch. There was TONS of different foods too! Even though I wasn't able to eat any of it... one of the members bought me a couple cups of jello though :)
And... it literally was a miracle. Yesterday for the first day in weeks my intestines didn't feel like they were popping out of my body and today the doctor was really surprised how good I was doing. So I've been really really happy today! Now just gotta be strict on food for a couple more weeks and finish some prescription and I should be good :)  

I know that the power of the Atonement is real and that through Christ anything is possible. This morning for personal study I read the His Grace is Sufficient talk by Brad Wilcox and remembered how much I loved that talk. Christ suffered so we don't have to. He paid the debt in full and all we can do is show our appreciation to Him by living His gospel and doing our best to change and become more like Him, that someday we will be able to return to the presence of our Heavenly Father and feel comfortable there. I know that this church is true and I love being able to preach it everyday and see the blessings that people receive. 

Hope everyone is doing well at home! Have a great week!

Con amor,

Hermana Rhoten 2

PS. Happy Birthday this week Sydney!!! Love you lots and you should shoot me an email because I don't think I have yours. Hope it's a good one!




No comments:

Post a Comment